Sunday, October 23, 2016

Showcase Sunday Featuring: Milk & Honey of Sebastopol, Ca.

http://www.milk-and-honey.com/   





On a whim I had decided that I needed to head up to the  Lucky Mojo Curio Co. as I was in need of some supplies that my local shops did not carry, and remembered that Miss Phoenix LeFae had recently opened her own shop close by and had invited me to come visit to check it out and of course... take pics!

Don't have to tell me twice!... So with that, off I went :)


Milk & Honey is located in cozy downtown Sebastopol, California where you will find their cheerful sandwich board located just outside their open door :)
 *see above photo.. haha*

Upon walking in the shop, I was greeted by 2 very lovely ladies with equally enticing energies.
Very gentle, very healing, very approachable. I was treated as though I was a long time friend as well as a valued customer even though they did not know who I was, nor my previous knowledge and relationship to Miss Phoenix LeFae.

They literally rolled out the "spiritual red carpet" for me, and I observed this treatment towards every customer that had come in that day. 
Customer Service = Not enough stars in the galaxy to give, but definitely 5 out of 5!

More on those ladies in a bit!

I have to treat you guys to the same visual overload of "Goddess Goodies" and everything in between! This place is really a 1 Stop Shop and the BEST Metaphysical Store in the area.
I'll let the photos do the talking ;)

Enjoy!




















OK... now that you are probably suffering from some proper eye strain, possibly a few chest pains, or need to grab your inhaler, I will touch upon the staff who I had mentioned earlier.


As I stated before, these ladies really make you feel like family the minute you step through the door... I would equate the feeling of an adult walking through the gates of Disneyland and then transforming back into that childlike feeling of excitement and sheer joy.... but for the metaphysical.
Disneyland... YES I went there.
Don't believe me? Take a trip to Milk & Honey and find out for yourself :)

Meet Ariel!

Ariel was the first of the bright smiling faces that greeted me with warmth and positive gentle energy.
She loves her job, in addition to her stellar customer service, she enjoys tending to the shops various Altars.
 Lighting the candles, praying to the Goddesses, praying over the petitions that are left on the Public Altar, and also making sure the shop is cleansed of anything "Negative" and brings in a TRUCK LOAD of "Positive".
*Not Exaggerating there!*




 

She graciously allowed me to follow and photograph her while she moved herself into a "personal spiritual space" and do what she does best.
I appreciated that as some people consider that time to be sacred and my being there could be invasive and counter productive to their work.



She also generously shared with me the Daily Intention that is said at Milk & Honey, for which initially I was writing down but in the end, I passed her the pen & paper lol... I was still on a sensory overload from all the magical goodies around me.
Don't judge. Y'all have been there before.


Thank You Ariel for your kindness and time spent with me, it is much appreciated <3







 Now onto Polly!



Polly was the Reader on staff that day with an equally charismatic, gentle feminine energy.
OK... Phoenix, is there a Laboratory somewhere in the back where you are cloning these ladies???
They are simply lovely! The world needs more of these people... just sayin.

Back to Polly.... I had initially asked her if she would be interested in being photographed and interviewed for my blog and I got a very enthusiastic "YES!"
*my kind of girl!*

I was led to the back of the shop into the reading room where I was made to feel right at home and an excited interviewee awaited the questions I was to ask.
What I found out about Polly was that she is a very talented reader who doesn't just limit herself to just Tarot card readings, but also does Angel, and Animal readings too! Her passion lies in helping others seek the truth and effective comfortable solutions to their problems.



She isn't a reader that will tell you what you want to hear, but rather has the gift of delivering the bad news with a "velvet hammer".
She also refuses to leave her clients without options, or without showing them the light at the end of the tunnel. Not all hope is lost ever in her readings... You just might not get the answers you are/were attached to. Polly can help you see past what you just can't at the moment. And also help you accept something better! *Win Win*




When I asked for some photos of her with her cards, she turned the tables and asked me if she could give me a reading... WOW... OK! And boy did she ever!

But first... we of course bonded over our love of cards and cartomancy. I had told her about my "Ride or Die" Lenormand Revolution Deck by Carrie Paris, and she had not seen or heard of them before so of course I JUST HAD TO WHIP THEM OUT :D






I can safely say that Polly was impressed while happily thumbing through the deck, and transferred some of her fantastic energy into them as well :)
I never miss a chance to "pimp" those cards #ilovethemsomuch

While I will not share the details of my reading with Polly, I will say that it was nothing short of incredible. She connected with a loved one whom has been the focal point of my life and still very much is even in death. Delivered some hard to swallow messages that needed to be heard, but again, Polly was there with her positive energy cheering me onto getting past what has been holding me back and being the beacon of light very much needed.



Never once was I made to feel rushed, ashamed of myself, scared, angry, unwanted, nothing negative... Which if you have had been to as many Readers as I have over the years, you will have run into all of the ones that hit each and every negative hallmark just to make a buck. 

Polly is NOT one of those. 
Just writing this piece makes me miss these ladies, and if you haven't already caught on, they have changed my whole blogging/writing style as there is hardly ANY sarcasm or humor listed in this posting... That's how their energy influences those around them.

Gentle, Calm, Loving.

Thank You Polly for connecting with my loved one, and helping me get out of my own way. I'll keep you posted on the outcomes ;) Though having met you and Ariel, I have already seen some of those "Cups" runneth over :)


By the end of my visit, I literally wanted to fold these ladies up into my bag and take them home with me. I settled for a hug from each.
Pretty sure there are laws against tossing people into bags and taking them home with you... I think that would be construed as "abduction" and No. Not happening.

However, I will leave them in their "Happy Place" to make others happy too :) 

Side Note... This shop is a mecca for Ganesh devotee's and aficionado's alike. I'm sure there is some video surveillance footage of me literally losing my mind every 5 seconds upon discovering their many Ganesh items tucked away in that place.... Phoenix, Please don't leak that... I have a reputation to uphold. *dies of laughter*

This handsome guy was just claimed by yours truly and has a spot on my Ganesh Altar at home waiting for his arrival <3

No visit would be complete without coming home with some "goodies" from a place such as this!
So I grabbed a couple of cards that instead of giving to someone, I am going to frame to hang on my wall at home :)

*my haul*

There truly is something for everyone at Milk & Honey! If you are in the Sebastopol area, please stop by and say Hi! to the staff... You WILL get a warm welcome and may not want to go home. I sure didn't :)
Get yourself a Reading, some Crystals, a Ganesh.... cards, candles, oils.... the list goes ON!

Also, Miss Elvyra whom you may know from working at the Lucky Mojo Curio Co., featured on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo and Rootwork Hour, AND at the Hoodoo Heritage Festival, is a Reader  at Milk & Honey as well!
 I love photographing her... she's so photogenic!

OK... I have waxed poetically long enough on this place, and the ethereal individuals that inhabit it.
Do yourself a favor and pay this place a visit. In person, online, or over the phone, it's an experience worth having.

Remember.... "Spiritual Disneyland".

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment