Monday, October 17, 2016

Saint's Agatha and Peregrine *New Products*





When one hears of Saint Agatha and/or Peregrine, most people do not know who these Saint's are. They are not your more commonly heard of or venerated Saint's like that of Saint Jude, Therese, and Michael (which really is an Arch Angel).

Unless you or someone close to you has battled Cancer, you probably have not heard of these 2 individuals or why folks pray to them.


Most Saint's have more than 1 Patronage, and these two do as well, but I am going to leave it focusing on the main topic here: Cancer.

I am going to backtrack a little bit as I would like to touch upon a personal account of my own dealing with cancer years ago, and a battle someone very close to me is currently going through.
One that he has been given a diagnosis of "terminal" for which there is not much more that can be done.


I came to know Saint Agatha back in 1996 when I was diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer.
This is how most people find out about her is when they are dealing with this very disease.

I was initially misdiagnosed with what was told to be a fibrocystic lump when in fact a biopsy later revealed Stage II Breast Cancer.
Of course I was panicking and VERY upset at the fact I felt I was far too young to be afflicted with such a disease, and of course "why me"?

While we may never know the "whys", the only thing I can come up with is that there was a lesson here for someone. Whether that lesson was for me in the case of "Vanity", a lesson for a fledgling Oncologist getting their first cancer patient, or a lesson in Faith.
Or maybe, All of the above.


I can tell you that Faith is your biggest hurdle to overcome in times like these, but it is also one of your biggest allies.

St. Agatha gave me comfort in praying to her, asking for her intercession, asking her to bend the ear of God and help heal me.

In the end, I am here, alive, and writing this blog that you are reading at this very moment so I would have to say that along with the intervention of modern medicine, prayers to Saint Agatha certainly helped.

Because she would not submit to any man as a wife or sexually in any capacity, Saint Agatha was reportedly assaulted and abused for devoting herself to God instead.
As a result her breasts were ripped off (HOLY HELL... WTF?!) in addition to the many beatings and various methods of torture...
*I'm still wincing at the thought of having my breasts yanked off my body*

I'm going to need a minute....

She is commonly pictured carrying a Palm branch in 1 hand and a plate with breasts on the other. Because one of the tortures she supposedly suffered was to have her breasts cut off, she was often depicted carrying her breasts on a plate. It is thought that blessing of the bread that takes place on her feast may have come from the mistaken notion that she was carrying loaves of bread.

Loaves of bread with nipples... let that just sink in....
I will never be able to look at baked goods the same again. 
*Moving on*


*A pink ribbon is enclosed inside every bottle*


Prayer to St. Agatha 

St. Agatha, woman of valor, from your own suffering we have been moved to ask your prayers for those of us who suffer from breast cancer. We place the NAME(S) before you, and ask you to intercede on their behalf. From where you stand in the health of life eternal- all wounds healed, and all tears wiped away- pray for MENTION YOUR REQUEST, and all of us. Pray God will give us His holy benediction of health and healing. And, we remember you were a victim of torture and that you learned, first hand, of human cruelty and inhumanity. We ask you to pray for our entire world. Ask God to enlighten us with a “genius for peace and understanding.” Ask Him to send us His Spirit of Serenity, and ask Him to help us share that peace with all we meet. From what you learned from your own path of pain, ask God to give us the Grace we need to remain holy in difficulties, not allowing our anger or our bitterness to overtake us. Pray that we will be more peaceful and more charitable. And from your holy pace in our mystical body, the Church, pray that we, in our place and time will, together, create a world of justice and peace. Amen.

*Note: the Pink Ribbon is not associated with St. Agatha directly but that of the  Susan G. Koman organization*


Links of Interest:
http://www.romancatholicidentity.com/2010/02/st-agatha-patron-saint-of-breast-cancer.html

http://catholicfire.blogspot.com/2014/02/st-agatha-patron-saint-against-breast.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agatha_of_Sicily










OK... so if Saint Agatha isn't your "home girl" or you are wanting an overall Patron Saint of Cancer , Saint Peregrine is your man!

Legend has it that Saint Peregrine had an open wound on his leg that a surgeon deemed cancerous and had scheduled an amputation of the limb the next day.

That night Saint Peregrine had prayed and prayed to God for healing, had a vision of God touching his leg, and the next day there was no sign of a wound, laceration, nothing.
Completely healed from the cancer that afflicted him. Thus making him the Saint one prays to when they have cancer of any kind.



Did I myself invoke his aid? No. 
Honestly I did not know about him until recently. *I'm actually quite ashamed*

Weeks ago a close friend of mine had been given a diagnosis of Liver Cancer, and it was Terminal.

Of course they had and are still going through the standard regiment of traditional Western Medicine, trying everything to stay as "healthy" as one can going through chemo, and other treatments... but the one avenue that is most often overlooked is the "spiritual medicine". 

For me, that is my first line of defense. And I am NOT going to give up and give in to that death sentence; even IF that is what is to come.

 I added a white ribbon to signify the bandage that St. Peregrine had covering his wound


*Doctors have been wrong, And there has been miracles of "Divine Intervention" for which medical science has 0 explanation for.*

In addition to setting lights, hours of prayer and novena's on this person's behalf, I started to have dreams of Saint Peregrine.
In the waking hours he "appeared" in the form of his name (there is a Peregrine St. that I found whilst lost one day going to a home I had never been to before), his medal fell out of a box I had not seen in a LONG time and into my hand, and then there had been an influx of folks that were newly diagnosed themselves... It was apparent that this Saint wanted to be called upon, and I felt that in addition to the many hours of "hounding the guy" to heal my beloved friend, an exchange was to be made.




That exchange comes in the form of conjure oils for both Saint Agatha and Saint Peregrine. 
In addition to that, vigil candles as well. 

I feel that they both were out in the "crowd" waving their hands trying to get my attention, and it worked.
I am very proud of these 2 products as I am of everything I make. A lot of time, energy, Faith, and prayer has gone into them; I know there are people that feel these would make a difference in their lives,  and/or the lives of others.

Also, 100% of the proceeds of these oils will go to a Cancer charity 
Saint Agatha = Breast Cancer
Saint Peregrine = All other Cancers

This was an agreement that I made to both Saints for their intercessions and is non-negotiable.
Due to this stipulation, there will not be a Giveaway for this posting, for that I apologize.

Prayer to Saint Peregrine

Saint Peregrine, whom Holy Mother Church has declared patron of those suffering from cancer, I confidently turn to you for aid in my present need (mention your request here)

Lest I lose confidence, I beg your kind intercession. Please with Mary, the Mother of Sorrows, whom you loved so tenderly, and in union with whom you have suffered the pains of cancer, that she may help me with her all-powerful prayers and consolation.

Obtain for me the strength to accept my trials from the loving hand of God with patience and resignation. May suffering lead me to a better life and enable me to atone for my own sins and the sins of the world. 
Amen

The above is one of MANY Prayers you can find out on the Internet, in books, and the backs of Prayer Cards. Choose the prayer that you feel the best about.

Links of Interest:




These Oils and Vigils will be available through Papa Newt on his Website: PapaNewt.com, and possibly other vendors in the future :)

**St. Peregrine statue not included**


*These will not be available through myself as I will be extremely busy and continually focused on making the products and do not want to distract from that; it is very time consuming as I pray specific Novena's as I create them*

*Disclaimer*
I want to be clear and say that I do not endorse the practice of "Spiritual Medicine and Prayer ONLY" in situations such as this. Modern Medicine should be the front runner in your defense/battle with Cancer or when dealing with any disease/injury/ailment; Spiritual Practices should compliment your health care.
One should always seek medical attention from a qualified professional.
I am NOT that person.

Peace be with all those who have been newly diagnosed or currently suffering from these terrible diseases.... I hope this brings you some comfort as it has my friend and I.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment