Sunday, October 9, 2016

**CONTEST**Featured Reader/Product Line: Carrie Paris of CarrieParis.com


 In the past I had a "Reader/Rootworker of the Month" blog series, and sadly I slacked off on it for various reasons. However, I would like to bring back those types of posts along with other individuals who are Readers Only, and the talents of people whom I feel are an asset to the Metaphysical/Conjure Community.

Instead of making it a Monthly feature, these will be much more frequent as there are just so many talented folks out there that deserve some "air time". So be sure to stay tuned to see who & what is being showcased at the moment!

Kicking things off is an INCREDIBLE Lenormand Reader Carrie Paris who has also designed a couple of GORGEOUS Lenormand Decks (I have 4 of the exact same deck. I have no shame) and
 Lenormand Oracle Charms amongst other divinatory goodies!

It is not uncommon to find her wares Sold Out from time to time.... This is usually where I am found sobbing like a toddler until she stocks back up.
Sold Out = chest pains
*Why do you do me like that, Carrie???... Why???*

Her decks are basically like the latest iPhone... EVERYONE wants one and would sell their first born or a kidney for them... or maybe that is only me?
Might have to examine that one later...

Shockingly I do not own ALL of her creations, though I DO have her Lenormand Revolution Deck which is the only deck I read from. 

I was gifted my first Lenormand deck 3 years ago. The very deck pictured below in the metal box on the left.
This was the best Christmas gift I had received in years! *no joke*

I had been lusting after them online and one day they appeared on my doorstep where I ripped that package open, and it was as if I could hear angels singing in the distance.... *sigh* This deck was meant for me. 
My "boxed soul mate" if you will... OK that's a little much, but you get the drift ;)

Thank You Veronica for my prized Lenormands <3 Best. Gift. Ever!

*A full sized  Lenormand Revolution Deck inside its metal case, along with 2 Mini Decks*
(mini decks fit perfectly in Ginger Chews tins)


I have other Lenormand decks in my collection, but that is really all they are... a collectors piece.
For some reason they just don't "speak" to me where my original deck does.
I'm not the kind of reader who can just pull a deck of cards off a shelf and read them with amazing accuracy... I need to "build a relationship" with a deck before that can happen, though my trusty Revolution Deck never disappoints!

*customer photo*

I decided to post on this upcoming Siren's Song deck before I got it because knowing Carrie and her flawless taste, I will be gushing about it like a 14 year old school girl about her first crush.
*Seriously, her decks are swoon-worthy*
 

And I just couldn't hold out for my cards to land on my doorstep to start posting about it. This is coming from someone who cant even wait for the tape to cool down before I want the gift I give to you, to be opened.
I have issues.


Then THIS happened...
*pupil dilation and minor cardiac arrhythmia ensues*

*See what I mean?!.... this came across my Facebook feed recently and I was having a full body meltdown... "Coming Soon"?!?!? and Ocean Themed?!?! Not SOON enough for me!*
**Dang it Carrie!**
#torture


 I may need a tranquilizer here soon...


*Que the "2 year old temper tantrum here*
*customer photo*



I think I've "pimped" Carrie's product line enough... Now let's get to the equally fabulous Reader herself!

Ladies and Gentlemen.... Carrie Paris!



Do you belong to a professional association that requires readers and rootworkers to abide by a code of ethics?



I’ve been reading before associations were introduced and so already had a code of ethics in place which is personal and works more like a prayer or chant that sets the tone and environment for meaningful readings and results.






What kinds of readings do you perform?



I started as a card reader and now with the introduction of the Magpie Oracle collection my readings combine cards with casting.





Which of the reading styles you use are most popular with your clients?



People love charm casting over their cards and this has quickly become “the thing” my clients want. What I’ve really been enjoying is asking them to cast charms over other items (besides the cards) like a family tree, photos, contracts, house plans and mind maps. The results become more personal when a familiar item is brought into the divination. 




Who was or were your divination teacher or teachers?



I was fortunate to be in mentorship with the late Angeles Arrien who showed me that the best teachers provide an experience over a lesson plan. This is something I strive to emulate in my classes and presentations. I should also add to the list my dream education, or what I sometimes refer to as my Hogwarts for adult experience. I did my Masters in the Cultural Study of Cosmology and Divination at the University of Kent in the UK., where the lecturers were well versed in the history of divination and divining cultures. Backing both of these are my clients and students who constantly point to things I would have never noticed.


 
Want to win the latest Magpie Oracle Kit?




Do you prescribe spiritual supplies for the people you read for?



Sometimes I prescribe a ritualistic action, mudra or chant that extend the client’s experience. The aim is to align people with the best result being presented by their reading.



Do you teach spell-casting or do magical coaching with your reading clients?



To me every action with intent behind it is a spell in the making. Introducing this concept—that their reading can be activated with focus and intention, is about as close as I get to teaching spell-casting in one-on-one situations.


*customer photo*



How long have you been professionally practicing divination, psychic reading, hoodoo rootwork, or conjure doctoring for clients?



I acquired my first deck at the age of 13 and haven’t stopped since. I’ll probably die with a deck in my hands—hopefully without the Death card slipping to the floor. That would be too cliché. 




What kinds of hoodoo spell-casting cases have you handled successfully in the past?



I’m releasing a new casting kit this winter that promotes personal miracles. It was inspired by an out of the blue gift offered to me by a total stranger. It really took me by surprise and also down a research rabbit hole which ultimately lead to the knowledge that gifts and strangers can sometimes offer miraculous results. Since then I’ve been testing this theory and the results have been nothing short of miraculous. Giving with a heart that isn’t attached to a specific outcome produces powerful results. 




Can you provide me with any references from among your clients?



In this age of Social Media you will find people posting about my classes, readings and products. If you want something specific, you can google my name. Let me know if you want more on this, as I don’t ask my clients for testimonials. 



What are your strong suits as a magical spell caster and rootworker?



I’m not sure if this applies to what I do, but as a diviner I strive to help my clients and students re-enchant their world by finding meaning from everyday messages. Once they start giving focus to this type of dialogue, a clear path and loads of possibility become available. 




What are your weaknesses as a magical spell caster and rootworker?



When I was younger and less-experienced this answer use to be, self-doubt and/or not trusting what I was seeing. Now it’s moved into the self-care territory of taking on too many jobs that result in bad divining. When I’m overworked I fail as a diviner so I am currently on a new diet that includes a lot of, Thank you, but no thank you, conversations. 



Do you have any moral or religious limitations on the kind of magic spells you will perform for others? If so, what are they?

Harm none. Enough said.








Do you work according to the precepts of a particular religion, and if so, which one?



I practice metta though don’t push that agenda.




How long do you think I should have to wait before I can see results from your spell casting or altar work if we are going to have positive movement?



I use to perform and record what I called, Ritual Results from Readings where I would build a altar-mandala around my client’s cards and then focus, pray and chant over it for 7 days. There was a one year wait list for this special reading so I’d say it took about a week for most to see results. Here’s a link to what one of the readings looked like. I no longer offer this service. It took a lot of energy and space to produce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8qFjnT57o






What could I be doing at home in combination with your rootwork and prayers to improve the chances that my aims and goals will be achieved?



That’s the winning question, isn’t it? What constantly works for my clients is in knowing that the answer to their situation will not manifest through a cook cut ritual that most buy into. Your situation is yours alone and so what we co-create will be geared toward your unique situation. So spontaneity and receptivity are key as they lend themselves to our co-building an on-the-spot ritual that has a custom fit feel to it. So my short answer to a longer process is:



We begin by setting a specific time for prayer (that we’re both aware of) that doesn’t allow for any excuse get in the way of performing our work (that’s a big one for many!). From there I encourage what I call an external focus. This is when you take the time to visualize the results you want and as if they are already in your chosen environment. Do this over and over again for a week and until you can feel it. See and know it’s right there with you. When you reach this point we’ll ask if this is in fact part of your personal mission in the world. There’s usually a long dialogue and divination that goes with your manifestation and so we approach it with an expectation for an answer. And now here comes the confusing, yet important part of result building; we release it and let it go to the highest power that you personally feel connected to and wait for 7 days. At some point during that time frame you will get your answer. There are times when it won’t be the answer you set out to achieve, however in the long run it becomes the perfect solution. Again, short answer to a longer process, though these are the key steps.






If the spell casting or altar work I hire you to do is not successful, how would you suggest that I proceed next?



I’ve yet to come across this dilemma (touch wood), though if I did I’d first investigate if there is a block around the desired result and then probably proceed with a dialogue with the client to see if we can co-create that result through a clearing or other means. Then, and if all else fails, I would return their payment and if interested, offer them the name of someone who might be able to assist.



Do you provide magical coaching services?



I do though I don’t give it that title. I teach private students in blocks of 10 on the skill of manifesting the life they want through the art of divination. There is currently a one-year wait list for this offering. I also teach online and present my work at a number of events around the world. 

 *customer photo*



As a Teacher, what would you advice would you give someone just starting out in Reading/Conjure Work?



Never stop learning and trust your intuition. These two actions will keep your spirit and love for what you do constantly fueled. 






Siren's Song Lenormand Deck Unboxing 

In case you scrolled through this post with wild abandon and missed it, 
Carrie  is offering a Contest to win her latest  Magpie Oracle Kit!
**Contest ENDS October 17, 2016** 
  **CLICK HERE TO ENTER AND FOR DETAILS** 


 I have watched, listened, participated, and learned from Carrie through Facebook and a few Blog Talk Radio shows over the years and the excitement is still the same for me each time I tune in.

She truly is a master at her crafts and I am honored that she agreed to be interviewed for my blog.
Her exquisite taste in imagery for her Lenormand Decks is unsurpassed and makes using them in readings quite enjoyable. A veritable feast for the eyes, it is what one could equate to "visualizing" Classical Music.

They are the "Mozart/Beethoven/Chopin/Tchaikovsky" of Lenormands.

Speaking of Tchaikovsky, Maybe Carrie might be so inspired and make a "Nutcracker" themed Lenormand?... *hint hint*
**pass the smelling salts if that happens cuz this chick is going DOWN**


Carrie can be found online at:
www.CarrieParis.com
http://lenormandrevolution.com/ 
Lenormand Revolution on Facebook
Carrie Paris on YouTube
Instagram: @CarrieParis1

*Side Note: She is on Facebook but that is her private account, so you heathens will just have to be satisfied with the above 5 options ;)

A HUGE Thank You to Carrie for agreeing to do this interview, and supplying us all with some of the most beautiful divination tools one can find.
They are a work of art <3
*I will be awaiting my new deck's arrival like a rabid pit bull.*
I instantly feel sorry for my postman

Blessings!

*Questionnaire adapted from: AIRR Questionnaire *
*Photo's: Property of Carrie Paris*

No comments:

Post a Comment