Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Readers/Rootworkers of the Month: Chas Bogan, Devin Hunter, and Storm Faerywolf





Double, double, toil and trouble
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble?

Mmmm.... Not so much with these 3. 

While they might resemble a story taken from Shakespere's "Macbeth" and do hold some "old school" pagan values/practices/ethics.... They are very much modern New Age individuals.

Meet Chas Bogan, Devin Hunter, and Storm Faerywolf : "The Spiritual Trinity" (my moniker for them), owners of The Mystic Dream.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I adore these guys!

Brilliant, Caring, Talented, Ethical, Gifted, with hearts made of gold and the size of Texas.

 These are the descriptions that come to mind when I think of them.

Talking Boards, Incense, Oils, various Waters, and other Conjure goodies are all hand made and sold under their Modern Conjure brand. Seriously amazing stuff! and the packaging is so very elegant.
Readings booked way far in advance... Why? Because they are THAT good!



Ethical. This is paramount in my book. I have personally watched and observed various individuals enter their store, confess their situation, and ask for guidance.
While some people would just see dollar signs (a fool and his money are soon parted), not here. Not with them. They won't sell you anything you don't need, won't scare you into a $500.00 candle, convince everyone they are "cursed" just to make a buck.

The economy may be rough right now, but they are truly out to help others. And if they make a buck or two, that is just icing on the cake.

I could wax poetically about this amazing trio but I will let their interviews speak for themselves :)

Ladies & Gentlemen.... "The Spiritual Trinity"





Do you belong to a professional association that requires readers and rootworkers to abide 

by a code of ethics?

Chas: No


Devin: Best American Psychics

StormWhile I personally subscribe to a high standard of ethics, I do not currently belong to any organization outside my own.




 What kinds of readings do you perform?

Chas: Tarot, Lenormand, Bone, Crystal

DevinMediumship readings including communication with ancestors and departed loved ones, Angels and Spirit Guides as well as Tarot, Oracle, Lenormand, Bone, Crystals, Crystal Balls, Palms, Tea Leaves, Rune Sticks, Candles and a handful of obscure things like throwing stones, reading horse shoes and reading burning embers.  I am quite obsessed with all forms of divination, I have been a professional Psychic Medium for ten years now and that has led me to acquiring several skills in the field through friends and clients but also through my own studies.


StormMy current preferred method is Lenormand Cartomancy, but I also am proficient in Tarot, Curio/Bone Throwing, and Cereomancy.




Which of the reading styles you use are most popular with your clients?

Chas: Tarot is most popular, I believe because that is what most people are familiar with.

Devin: Mediumship readings including communication with ancestors and departed loved ones, Angels and Spirit Guides as well as Tarot, Oracle, Lenormand, Bone, Crystals, Crystal Balls, Palms, Tea Leaves, Rune Sticks, Candles and a handful of obscure things like throwing stones, reading horse shoes and reading burning embers.  I am quite obsessed with all forms of divination, I have been a professional Psychic Medium for ten years now and that has led me to acquiring several skills in the field through friends and clients but also through my own studies.

StormLernormand and Tarot. I generally use them both together with some Tarot pulled as an accent to a Grand Tableau.



Beautiful Talking Boards created by Chas Bogan



 Who was or were your divination teacher or teachers?

Chas: I learned from books initially, and then met other readers and talked shop with them.

DevinI learned tarot mostly on my own and from various seminars throughout the years. I really enjoy all things divination because the techniques help me to better understand my own gifts and help me relate to whoever I am working with. Because of this I tend to take a lot of weekend seminars and short workshops, do a lot of reading when needed, and a lot of practicing. I find that all divination systems require us to think in a similar way, once we can pick up that basic universal language the system tends to light-up.

StormBack in 1991 a woman named Phoenix Hilson owned a small metaphysical shop in my hometown of Dublin, CA where she taught various subjects such as spiritual healing, ritual working, and Tarot. It was under her guidance that I first began to find my own sense of power with the cards. She later closed her shop and went on to found tarotwisdomacademy.com.  I have since studied with several other teachers over the years, both in person and online.





 Do you prescribe spiritual supplies for the people you read for?

Chas: Sometimes, if they are open to doing that kind of work. 

DevinWhen I feel it’s necessary or if they ask I do! The Mystic Dream has a great selection of products so I have a pretty incredible arsenal to work with.  I find myself prescribing a lot of devotional candles, condition oils, and crystals.

StormIf a reading indicates that there are problems or more work to be done I will make suggestions as to supplies that can support that work. Since we have been making our own line of spiritual supplies for some time I am well versed in what is helpful for a particular situation. I also will make suggestions as to what can be substituted in a pinch, should the client be reluctant to purchase additional supplies.





Do you teach spell-casting or do magical coaching with your reading clients?
 Chas: Yes

DevinEvery year I have taught and average of 40 classes for the past four years and each one of those classes has been requested by one of my clients or was inspired by a pattern I would see during sessions.


Storm: Yes


How and when did you first hear about hoodoo rootwork? Who was or were your rootwork teacher or teachers?

ChasI encountered forms of rootwork growing up in the Bay Area, from neighbors who practiced charms and later when I investigated shops in the area; although the term Hoodoo was seldom used.  Later when I studied Feri Tradition I learned that it had roots in conjure, after which I studied with Cat Yronwood and learned from many talented workers in the community

DevinI first heard about it in Ohio, where I am from originally. Until four years ago I was living in the Appalachian foot-hills of Southern Ohio.  It’s called Pow-wow (sometimes rootwork) and it’s not really identified as being a practice as developed as what I have seen in modern conjure since moving to California. It’s what the German immigrants brought with them when they came and settled much of the area and a lot of irish in there too I would say. Believe it or not, witches mostly practice it. Much of my traditional craft training was steeped in Pow-wow.


StormIt’s hard to say when I first heard of hoodoo… likely sometime in the early to mid-90’s. But my own interests at that time were largely limited to European Witchcraft and so I did not pursue a formal study of it until 2007 under the tutelage of Cat Yronwode. One thing in particular that I took away from that training is the knowledge that hoodoo and conjure have informed the practices of witchcraft and folk magic since its inception, but has largely been un-credited. Thus I have been practicing the magic of hoodoo and conjure since 1985 but I knew it then simply as ‘witchcraft’.




How long have you been professionally practicing divination, psychic reading, hoodoo rootwork, or conjure doctoring for clients?

Chas: 5 Years

Devin: 10 Years

StormI have been a practicing Tarot reader and teacher of magic and witchcraft since 1992. I have been a professional Conjure Doctor since 2008.




What kinds of hoodoo spell-casting cases have you handled successfully in the past? 

ChasSpiritual cleansings and healing work

DevinI do a lot of house cleansings!

StormI have successfully guided clients in the creation of honey jars to benefit job situations… I have helped with pending court cases and legal situations. I have performed spiritual cleansings and healings, as well as rites to draw money and love.


What are your strong suits as a magical spell caster and rootworker?

ChasHealing, Cut & Clear, Finances

DevinHouse cleansings, protection work, and I love tracing energy back to it’s source.


Storm: am particularly good with purification, blessing, protection, and court case work



What are your weaknesses as a magical spell caster and rootworker?
ChasCurses; Glamour

DevinOoh! This is a trick question right? I would say my weakness as a spell caster would be weather work.


Storm: Reconciliation work is often problematic for me, though I have had some successes. Spells to win the lottery or choose winning numbers are most certainly not my strong suit. 








Do you have any moral or religious limitations on the kind of magic spells you will perform for others? If so, what are they?

Chas: Yes, I do not do magic solely for revenge. 


DevinI don’t have limitations but I do have standards. I think it’s important to understand that as a magical person who is doing work for another human that ethics are often going to be challenged. I’ll do anything for the right cause but you have to win me over before I’ll go there.


StormYes; I will not do work to harm anyone, nor will I perform spells to break up a marriage or relationship. I will do work to bind an individual if they are dangerous, and part of that binding might even involve a curse if they do not cease their aggression, but I do not perform spells of revenge for any reason.



Do you work according to the precepts of a particular religion, and if so, which one?

ChasThe precepts under which I work are fluid and vary according to the type of work I am doing and the client(s) I am doing it for; therefore I will approach the work through whichever paradigms seems most fitting.

DevinPrecepts for me are fluid and I’ll work within whatever parameter is needed for my client or student. Personally I am a lover of the life and a worshiper of the soul.

StormMy own religious foundation is that of the Faery tradition of Witchcraft, though the work that I do for clients is often tailor-made to suit their own religious beliefs.







How long do you think I should have to wait before I can see results from your spell casting or altar work if we are going to have positive movement?

ChasYou should begin to feel hopeful immediately or else I have failed to instill confidence in you. As for external results, they vary, which is why divination is often done beforehand to give us a sense of timing.


DevinWell, if you are a client who is truly interested in seeing results and are willing to put that job application out while I’m doing that prosperity work for you I would say results could be instant.

StormGenerally I will “Set Lights” for a client, and if successful you should be able to see some movement within a few days to a week after it is lit. Other types of spells may differ.





What could I be doing at home in combination with your rootwork and prayers to improve the chances that my aims and goals will be achieved?

ChasThat varies depending on your situation. Uncrossing work is often prescribed, although mundane things are also factors, for instance if you want reconciliation then you need to make yourself available.

DevinEnergy follows the path of least resistance! I give my clients homework and that often includes cleansings, uncrossings, organization of the home and life and lately devotional work for Archangels and Saints. All of this depends on what the situation is.

StormI will often suggest homework for clients in order to maximize the opportunity for positive results. You could light a “helper candle” which will assist in bringing the magic more immediately into your environment. I might also prescribe a series of baths or other observances based on your particular situation.




If the spell casting or altar work I hire you to do is not successful, how would you suggest that I proceed next? 

ChasA good reading should tell us why success has not happened and what conditions we can alter in order to improve the outcome?

DevinIf I was not able to help you in the way that you wanted I would suggest coming in for a reading if you felt comfortable and we see what happened and then discuss next steps, often at a reduced rate. If you were not comfortable I would provide prayer work at no cost for you and provide a list of reputable workers in the area.

StormIt depends on the situation. I might suggest performing an Uncrossing and perhaps even getting a reading to see if there is any more information that can be helpful. Depending on what we find we might approach it from any number of standpoints: a series of specially designed baths, the creation of a charm, or the adoption of a regular spiritual observance. But I also hold for the possibility that perhaps my skills are not a match for the client’s situation and so I also keep a list of reputable practitioners that I can refer them to as well.




Do you provide magical coaching services?

ChasYes. I teach a yearlong class called “A Course In Modern Conjure.”

DevinAll the time!

StormYes; I am eager to work with individuals who wish to explore and expound upon their magical knowledge.


As a Teacher, what would you advice would you give someone just starting out in Reading/Conjure Work?

ChasPassion, Education and Practice are of utmost importance. There is nothing stopping you from being a better worker today then you were yesterday.

DevinBe the engineer! Stand on the shoulders of those who came before you, don’t stand in their foot prints.


StormKeep an open mind. Try not to get involved in the little wars that pop-up in the various magical communities. Read everything you can get your hands on. Remember that confidence is an important mind-set in magical workings. While performing a spell or doing a reading, it is important to be able to cultivate the skill of being able to temporarily suspend disbelief, lest your doubts subvert your working. Keep a journal of your experiences. And above all, HAVE FUN!

Storm Faerywolf
c/o The Mystic Dream
1437 N Broadway
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
USA

Website                                                       www.faerywolf.com
BlueRose F(a)eri(e)                                www.BlueRoseFeri.com
Feri Tradition Resources                         www.FeriTradition.com
BlueLotus Reiki                                    www.BlueLotusReiki.com
Modern Conjure                                   www.ModernConjure.com
Store                                                 www.TheMysticDream.com
______________________________________________________



Upon inquiring about being a Featured Reader/Rootworker on my blog, Storm generously donated a 1 HOUR Reading with him as a Prize!

Major Squee!!

With that comes another Blog Contest Giveaway :) 


Onto the "Rules":

You all know the "rules" but in case you don't, all you need to do is share this blog post on your Facebook and tell me that you did by writing "shared" on my *status update* I will provide; ultimately leads one to win the 60 minute reading with Storm Faerywolf!

The Winner of this blog contest will be announced Oct. 25th.

Best of Luck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment